Brief thoughts on the NYT "What Is It About 20-Somethings?" article
The short version: 20-somethings are different than older generations. oh no! What heavens shall we do? Let’s just talk about our feelings in a 10 page article.
- Am I offended by this article? No, not really.
- Come on, it’s 10 pages? (and yes, I do realize this makes me ‘fit’ into the article)
- This should have come out last year or the year prior…this trend isn’t new. I expect the NYT to be more cutting edge.
- There was a lot of psychological banter back and forth. They should have supplemented with more interviews…perhaps from actual 20-somethings and/or their ‘helicopter’ parents.
- They didn’t really address any economic factors (housing bubble, recession) that affected, well, everyone.